The sale of Avista would GIVE a foreign government control over…
- 7,700 MILES of Natural Gas lines
- 19,000 MILES of electrical Distribution lines
- Plus another 2,700 miles of high voltage lines
- 374,000 Avista electric customers
- 336,000 Avista gas customers
- The 1.6 million people in the Avista service area
- 13 dams
- 1,028.6 MEGAWATTS of Hydroelectricity
- 7 geothermal Generation locations
- 13 subsidiaries of Avista Corp including large landholdings that are tax-free; a private equity firm; a development company already building in Spokane, WA; two gold mines in Alaska with proven reserves of over 2 billion dollars; and other holdings too numerous to mention here.
- Water rights and flow control at the dam locations
Are we ready to hand all of these things over to another country?